Follow-up: UITableViewController

In my last post I described a way of getting UITableViewControllers to instantiate via nib files, but it was pretty sub-optimal. I may have discovered a solution.

I noticed that I had another UITableViewController with the same construction that didn’t exhibit the same problem! In fact, the two UITableViewControllers were essentially clones of one another, but one worked in another didn’t.

I tried restarting Xcode.
I tried a clean and build.
Finally, I reset the iOS Simulator.

Ta-da! Suddenly, everything started working.

So “Apple’s documentation should work” is the moral of the story. Perhaps a second moral is: “the simulator is untrustworthy.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s